A global company with its European headquarters based in South Wales since 1986, Tomoe Valve Limited is a bespoke valve manufacturing company, specialising in the design of Butterfly Valves. In 1998 Tomoe Tritec was formed to design and manufacture high performance Triple Offset Rotary process valves. The Triple Offset design provides performance and benefits that are ideal for arduous, high pressure, high temperature applications with the Oil and Gas, Petrochemical and Power & Process markets. In 2006, both companies were merged to form Tomoe Valve Limited.
Despite having switched from 2D
to SOLIDWORKS for 3D CAD
modelling and assembly in 2006, Tomoe's engineers wanted to fully utilise their three licenses. The company needed to improve its simulation offering to its customers, and had four key business requirements of the software:
- The ability to check and test CV flow
- Finite Element Stress Analysis
- Aid in reduced testing times
- Analyse and improve design of problematic valves including their 150lb range
SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional, SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium and SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation which allowed them to start work on recalculating their CV flows immediately.
- Accelerated testing - testing times reduced by 80 per cent
- Accurate valve CV figures has led to improved products
- Scrap and rework costs dramatically reduced
- Reduced time to market
- Non conformities cut from 20 to just one per year
- Improved design on their 150lb range of valves
- Increased bespoke offering for customers
"SOLIDWORKS Simulation has made us more productive. Before we were guessing what was going on and now we get an answer in minutes."
Engineering Manager for Tomoe