For 25 years Dudley Designs and Technical Services Ltd have offered a wide range of engineering design and detail drawing work for companies of all types and sizes.
Dudley Designs & Technical Services was founded 25 years ago by Maurice Arnold, who previously owned Arnold Equipment Ltd, a small company that designed and manufactured materials handling equipment and special purpose machinery mainly for the agricultural, construction, timber and quarrying industries.
A family run business, many of the original staff still play key roles in the existing company. One of these Lee Worth, now the CAD/IT Manager was instrumental in working with NT CADCAM over 15 years ago, to introduce SolidWorks into the company. This was the start of a great working relationship and although Dudley Designs use other CAD systems, SOLIDWORKS remains their first choice for service and value for money.
Over the past 25 years Dudley Designs has grown and now employs over 30 qualified and experienced engineers, all offering a high quality service for all engineering design and drawing work, publications and technical consultancy requirements.
Working either from their Dudley office or their client's premises Dudley Designs deal with engineering companies of all types and size. The range of expertise has expanded still further to cover many industries from Transportation to Heavy Machinery, Agricultural and Architectural, Machine Tools and Utilities. The list is endless. They carry out work of all sizes from the chain for a bathroom plug to a 2000 ton tensile testing machine - possibly the biggest in Europe - if not the world!
Dudley Designs have a range of Technical Support Services to offer including:
- CAD training
- CE marking compliance
- Quality assurance systems
- Health and Safety and environmental issues
- Technical publications and writing/website design
- Project engineering. Management/design and build
- Finite Element Analysis
- Manual stress calculations
- Electrical electronic projects
- Production cost reductions and improvements.
Having recently taken on SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium software Dudley Designs are now offering an FEA service. Using FEA they can assist with
- Reducing product lead times and the number of prototypes required for testing
- Increased product confidence
- Producing evidence of effective compliance to legislation
- Reducing product weight and costs
- Solving complicated engineering problems, assemblies and frameworks
- Performing structural fatigue life predictions on dynamic loading conditions
- Checking designs for buckling or natural frequencies
Plans for Expansion
Plans for the future include satellite offices in the south-west (Devon) and south-east (Kent) and possibly the north of Manchester. In these days of high tech equipment and many CAD systems Dudley Design still feel there is no substitute for the personal touch and face to face meetings.
Dudley Designs and Technical Services Limited offers a complete design and drawing facility as well as wide ranging technical services for the engineering sector. If you would like any more information or feel Dudley Designs could be of service to you please contact them directly on 01384 291139 or email firstname.lastname@example.org