SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation
SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation - takes the complexity out of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) to simulate design-critical fluid flow, heat transfer, and fluid forces quickly and easily. Specific modules simplify the specialised analysis of HVAC and electronic cooling (see below).
- Simulate liquid and gas flow under real world conditions
- Test “what if” scenarios quickly analysing the effects of fluid flow, heat transfer and other related forces on surrounding or immersed component parts
- Compare design variations to aid better decision making and ensure superior performing products
The HVAC Design Module for SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation evaluates air and gas movement in working and living environments. The module includes advanced radiation modelling, comfort parameters and a large database of building materials. The toolset enables engineers to tackle the tough challenges of designing efficient cooling systems for people and large scale environments.
Key features and benefits of the HVAC Module include:
- Airflow optimisation ensuring that the optimum temperature is maintained for the largest number of people
- Product Thermal Design allows designers to analyse products considering real world behaviours.
- Human Comfort Factors measure the effectiveness of environment control. Eight parameters evaluate both the reaction of people to the environment and aspects of the environment HVAC module
- Industry specific tools aimed directly for the mechanical engineer designing air conditioning or large scale cooling equipment
The HVAC Module enables designers and engineers to quickly and accurately model complex air conditioning and cooling systems for thermal analysis. With its combination of ease of use and industry specific tools, the HVAC Module ensures maximum analysis productivity with enhanced simulation fidelity.
Electronic Cooling Module
The Electronic Cooling Module for SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation evaluates thermal properties and cooling requirements for standard components. The module includes both analysis productivity capability and enhanced simulation functionality, giving designers and engineers a toolset to tackle the tough challenges of electronic packaging.
Key features and benefits of the Electronic Cooling Module include:
- Airflow optimisation ensuring the correct volume of cooling flow to all components. electronic cooling module
- Product thermal design ensures correct product performance, including heat-up/cool-down cycles and maximum temperature under load.
- Heatsink Selection/Design. The correct heatsink can only be determined with knowledge of the overall airflow and the thermal impacts of the components on the PCB.
- PCB Thermal Simulation allows the designer to evaluate component placement, use of heat pipes, thermal pads and interface materials.
- Fan Selection and placement optimisation can have a dramatic impact on the overall thermal performance of a design.
- Industry specific tools are aimed directly for the mechanical engineer designing enclosures for electronic components.
The Electronic Cooling Module enables designers and engineers to quickly and accurately model complex electronic systems for thermal analysis. With its combination of ease of use and industry specific tools, the Electronic Cooling Module ensures maximum analysis productivity with enhanced simulation fidelity.