As 3D design becomes more prevalent, the limitations of traditional 2D drawings become more apparent:
Expensive and time-consuming to create and maintain;
Prone to mismatch with the 3D model (leading to massive production waste);
Not compliant with widely accepted and mandated industry standards.
With SOLIDWORKS MBD, integrated into the SOLIDWORKS 3D design software, you can communicate product and manufacturing information (PMI) directly in 3D, bypassing time-consuming 2D processes, and eliminating potential problems.
- Companies embracing model-based definition methodologies report savings in multiple areas, including reductions in manufacturing errors, decrease in scrap and rework costs, and lower procurement costs for purchased parts.
- Captures complete product data, including title block and BOM information, in multiple 3D Views that can be easily exported to industry standard formats.
- Publishes widely accepted file formats, such as eDrawings and 3D PDF files that are often used in existing processes.
- In addition to providing associative information such as engineering notes, BOM, and rich Meta properties, you can also explore the model in 3D with Pan, Zoom, Rotate, Measure, Section, and other 3D tools.
- Complies with industry standards, such as MIL-STD-31000A, ASME Y14.41, ISO 16792, DINISO 16792, and GB/T 24734.
* eDrawings files can be opened in a free eDrawings Viewer. 3D PDF can be viewed using a variety of free tools including Adobe Reader.